Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sharing my America


Over the weekend, Stephen and I took a (very) mini-roadtrip to the Atlanta area. We spent time visiting old friends and exploring Midtown, Buford, and Kennesaw before driving back to Milledgeville last night.

One of my favorite things about Stephen is his ability to do nothing with me. Which is to say, adventures are fun but I'm so excited to marry someone who can sit on the porch with me and read. When he got to Georgia, I was a little bit nervous about having enough to do, but after spending four days out of town, we both admitted that we would rather spend this season of engagement enjoying simple things as opposed to trying to impress one another. And one of the many bright spots of a transcontinental family is that we'll have ample opportunity to travel and explore.

So we spent a few days in Atlanta.

Our first stop was an Avett Brother's concert with our friends Shelbie and Tim, followed by a Sunday lunch date with Heather and Kevin. We went to a great place in Little 5 Points called The Vortex. Monday was Stephen's 25th birthday, and we celebrated at a Braves game. Not only was it a gorgeous day complete with great seats and delicious food, but the Braves won! We also got to go to a couple other great restaurants that highlight Southern food, and my dear friend Samantha took us for some of the most delicious ice cream I've ever tasted.

Atlanta is different than Sydney, and even growing up in Georgia, I never spent a lot of time there. It was so fun to experience it after living in another big city, and even moreso with my future husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment