Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cup of joe

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you all my favorite things about being a newlyed. How the turning of my husband in our bed, early every morning, gently shakes me from sleep. How the door opening each afternoon as he arrives home from work makes me giddy. How the simplicity of vinyls playing while we cook dinner together seems far more exciting than anything I ever did as a single woman.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you that I'm not reading this month as much as I should be, but the book is still good.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you that I've been practicing my hand-lettering and have found it to be totally thrilling. I'd tell you how refreshing it is to know that I am good at something new, to see a far-fetched hobby come into fruition.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you how I'm longing for picture frames. I'd tell you that the last final touches of this first round of new-home-decorating are almost complete, if only we could find picture frames to hang our favorite captures. I'd tell you that this process of settling and nesting has been a lesson in patience and contentment and boy, am I thankful for it.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you my plans for this space over this still new year. I'd tell you my ideas for monthly posts and new series and I'd tell you how excited I am to put new shape to this blog, even if it remains laregly unnoticed.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd speak quietly, because I have lost my voice this week. I'd tell you that I'm enjoying sitting in my own silence and appreciating this month of stillness, because come March, my work rights will come through and life will be far busier than it is these days.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I would thank you for sitting and listening, and I would ask with great interest, what's new with you?

How are you taking your coffee this morning, and what sorts of conversations are you having? 

No comments:

Post a Comment