Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cup of joe

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you we have a lot to catch up on.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you how proud I am of my husband for continuing to push forward with his business venture, and how eagerly I'm looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you (with a huge grin and excited eyes) that I start a new job in less than a month. I'd tell you that the things that are quickly becoming possible for me are outsanding and as good as anything I've ever dreamt and I am just so, so excited.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd recount the last three months of marriage, because I've now been married for over three months. I'd tell you how it still feels brand new, but also as familiar as being wrapped up in a favorite blanket, and how I'm more in love with my husband than ever. I'd tell you that sometimes we get impatient with one another, but we're learning to tease out frustrations with kindness and gentleness and it is everything I hoped.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you that the past few weeks have seen me fighting headaches and fatigue and being frustrated with both, because it's not as if I'm inexplicably busy. I'd tell you that I'm slowly getting my body back to a place of total physical wellness, that I'm cycling more often and eating more healthily and coffee almost always helps.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd talk about my friends. How I've loved being welcomed into such a great community here and how it truly is home. How I sometimes miss my friends from the States with an aching heart, and how I am so grateful that technology allows those friendships to flourish in spite of the distance.

If you were to sit down with me for a cup of coffee today, I'd tell you how wonderfully my perspective has shifted recently. How my heart is more glad and less anxious, how my expectations are more easily met and my wants are far less exaggerated. How I'm learning to live in humility, in a standard of living that a few years ago would have seemed far beneath me, but I now understand to be so far out of reach, it is purely the grace of God allowing me to flourish here.

If you were to sit down with me for coffee today, I'd ask if you wanted to go get a pizza. Because between vegan ice cream and veggie burgers, I feel great, but pizza just sounds so damn good.

If you were to sit down with me for coffee today, what would you tell me? How's life?

No comments:

Post a Comment