Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stuff I've heard




I remember the first time I met Harrison Thacker. It was May 2010; we were both taking Performance of Poetry as a summer Rhetoric course. He performed original hip hop and rap pieces and in class discussions, would talk about his love for the genre and his dream to pursue hip hop professionally. I remember thinking that this guy was unlike anyone I'd ever met, that he managed to break all the hip hop stereotypes I had stored up inside me, and that he was hugely talented. We became friends.

Through his time at Georgia College, Harrison's passion for hip hop grew. He used it in his class assignments whenever possible, and his final senior project (we call them capstones) discussed the need for a hip-hop class in the Rhetoric department. Since his graduation from Georgia College last year, Harrison has been working hard to accomplish his goals, and today, he is one step closer.

Harrison's new single, Invictus*, and its accompanying music video have officially dropped! This is a project that I'm hugely excited to endorse, and it's one that I would recommend to anyone invested in the music community. Harrison's talent reaches beyond sheer ability - he has studied his craft and honed his skilled over the past years, and it's apparent through Invictus that he is going places.

The video is well-produced and fits perfectly with the tone and purpose of the song, and it gives Harrison the opportunity to showcase not only his gifts, but also to explain his purpose behind pursuing music. If you like it (and I'm pretty sure you will - I rarely listen to hip hop and the like, but I love Harrison's material), you can follow his Instagram, @iam160s, to keep up with his projects. Invictus is also available for download (explicit and edited versions available) here.

Congratulations, Harrison! Thank you so much for letting me be part of this release; I can't wait to see what's next for you!


Note that the official Invictus song includes explicit language.

No comments:

Post a Comment